This is a relatively simple install, requiring only minor drilling and assembly. The result is an incredibly sturdy, AMPS-compatible mounting plate for all of your valuable equipment.
Install Time & Difficulty
25 - 30 minutes
3/32" Allen key
5/32" Allen key
1/8" Allen key
3/8" Drill bit
T15 Torx driver
Step drill bit (optional)
Drill or impact driver (preferably stubby)
Pick tool or sharp etching tool
1. Using the T15 torx, remove the factory plastic Accessory Ready bracket from Ford and install the provided steel support bracket reusing the factory screws. These only need to be finger tight.
2. Next, pre-assemble the mounting platform and the feet on either end using an 1/8" Allen key.
3. Use this assembly to locate the dash mount and mark the center of the four mounting holes for drilling. If you are drilling, proceed once you've carefully marked your drill points using a pick tool/etching tool.
4. Using a 1/8in drill bit (or similar), drill a pilot hole in each of the four locations.
5. Next, open each of those holes up to 3/8in using a drill bit, step drill or even a knife. I mention the alternatives to a drill bit because depending on the drill and bit, the windshield can get in the way of a straight shot. See the below video for assistance maneuvering the drill, since its an awkward location.
6. Test fit the rubber well nuts periodically to ensure that you get a snug fit. Finally, insert each of the four rubber well nuts.
7. Position the dash mount in place and bolt everything down. All hardware only needs to be finger tight. Overtightening can damage the hardware and your dash.
Note: The piece you drilled can be replaced from the dealership should you absolutely need to reverse the install.