Installation of our Rivian R1T Bedside Rack Systems is very straight forward, making use of factory mounting locations with zero modification to your truck. Getting the panels installed should take 10-20min with simple hand tools but deciding how you'll situate your gear (the fun part) can take as long as you'd like.
Install Time & Difficulty
10 - 20 minutes
5/32" Allen Wrench
1. Since the panels can be used on either side, line up the panels and note which mounting holes will be used on each side. The mounting holes will be different for drivers v. passengers side.
2. Prep the panels for installation by placing the bolts through the mounting holes with the countersunk washers.
3. Flip the panel over and add the provided spacers to the bolt. The "text" on the spacers should be facing toward the panel.
4. Add plastic retaining washers to the bolt. They are designed to fit in the recess of the washer that was placed in the previous step.
5. Remove three plastic caps that are covering the three mounting bolts using a pick tool. Take care when prying so the caps are not damaged. Set them aside/save them, for if you want to return the truck to factory finish.
6. Using a 10mm socket, remove the factory bolts. Save the "top hat" looking washer - we will be reusing that.
7. Take the factory "top hat" washer and place over the bolt assembly's already built on the panel in the previous steps and align the bolts with the factory mounting positions.
8. Tighten down hardware and you are good to go!
Video Install Guide
We've also installed a set of the Rivian Maxtrax recovery boards and mounts on our panels. This is made easy using a set of the BuiltRight MOLLE Nuts (#201023). Check out the install video below.